Pages

Saturday 26 January 2013

Google Analytics. How to use Google Analytics?

Some rights reserved by Search Engine People


Google Analytics

I recently used Google Analytics in one of my Projects for testing purpose, and boy!!! i was so impressed. I never know Analytics could be this strong and could yield this result. I thought i should share my experience, not only this i could relate my (whatever little) knowledge of Big Data to each and every report i generated. I was initially confused on how to use it for the project. I was unable to understand what was the client really interested in after reading the JIRA issue. So i implemented the Google Analytics (GA) code onto my personal blog. I purposely posted my blog links on my gtalk account in order to temporarily increase the number of visitors to my blog. And then i kept track of the visitors. Within a day or so i kind of understood how it's used and what you could do with it.

Of Course Wikipedia always helps as well.

GA is Google offered web tool to keep a track of visitors to your website. This way you can keep a watch on what your customers really look for, you can accordingly increase your sales rate. Later i also gotta know that this can also be used as a SEO(search engine optimization tool) Its a must know tool for any Business Development person in any organization most probably a startup organization. The basic service for GA is available free of cost. The premium user although is charged i believe(although Wikipedia says its free i dint try it!!!)

GA also tracks all referrers e.g Search Engines, Pay-per-click ads etc.

This is what happens and how it works. I will discuss how i kept track of my site(the one your are a visitor currently to)!!

1. You 1st need to have a Google account to access GA
2. Now you need to generate a code from your GA account that needs to be pasted in your website HTML code so that you can keep a track of it.
3. You can generate and paste the code to as many pages you want and keep a track of all of them.
4. You can keep a track at real time using the real time option on GA
5. You can also generate a report using the Custom Report Generation tab
6. This report can then be sent to as many people you want.
7. The report can be generated based on any criteria e.g devices used to access the website, location of the visitor, browser used, Operating system used and many more.
8. You can also generate a Graph based on reports generated in the same report
10. You can select the duration of which you would want the report for.
11. Real time report generation however is not possible for some reason, However real time tracking can be done, which is fair enough
12. Google Analytics is used by many organizations to keep a track of visitors and their interests in order to increase their business

Must for all, not only startups but also for individuals like me who want to know their blog visitors.... ;)

0 comments: